Get your Mexican fix with this fish taco recipe by pro surfer Sally Fitzgibbons.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 600g white fish fillets
- Canola oil spray
- Flour (for dusting)
- Butter (for frying)
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, finely chopped\
- 2 ripe avocados 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced 1⁄2 red chilli, deseeded, pith removed, finely sliced 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime Juice of 1⁄2 lemon.
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped 1 red chilli, deseeded and pith
- removed, nely sliced
- 1 ripe mango, diced 1⁄2 red chilli, deseeded and pith removed, finely sliced Juice of 1 lime 1⁄2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
Mash raspberries in mixing bowl.
Mix shredded coconut, almonds, and vanilla protein and add mashed raspberries.
Melt coconut oil in the microwave, and add to mixture.
Blend all ingredients, scoop mixture into small balls and place balls on the foil-covered tray.
Melt dark chocolate in bowl and pour over each ball. Roll in nuts, cocoa or another coating if desired.
Place balls in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes and remove for a high-protein treat or recovery snack.
SOURCE: WOMEN’S HEALTH & FITNESS MAGAZINE